Making A Donation
The Plymouth and Devon Racial Equality Council welcomes charitable donations from individuals and businesses. Whether you would like to make a simple one-off donation or if you would like to support us on a more regular basis, rest assured that all donations will be gratefully accepted.
If your company has funds set aside for charitable purpose, especially in the areas of equality & diversity, community cohesion and/or hate crime, we would love to hear from you so that we can tell you more about the range of projects that we need to support.
The money you donate can help the PDREC in so many ways, by paying towards the following:
- £250,000 would fund a county-wide, three-year project to ……………
- £45,000 would fund a one year project to support children and young people suffering from bullying, the negative effects of racism, isolation, identity issues, trauma from past events etc
- £25,000 would fund the services of a full-time specialised Race Equality Development Worker
- £5,000 would pay for a small event such as workshop in schools or community settings
- £600 would pay for 1 days training around cultural awareness and prejudice reduction
- £80 would pay for a casework session to provide advice, support and information individuals suffering from racial discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- £3.35 would answer one telephone call or email to PDREC to ensure BME individuals can speak to someone to get support and information
If we are to realise our vision - working with individuals, communities and strategically - while also providing the best possible support for people affected by racism, discrimination and prejudice, then we must continue to raise the necessary substantial income to meet the costs involved.
We raise as much funding we can to support our projects through partnership agreements and grant aid, but with the financial climate and increased competition for funding available, we need to rely more on regular voluntary donations and legacies (gifts left in people's wills) to ensure the continuation of our vital work.
Ways to donate
- By regular standing order, please contact us to request a form
- With your mobile phone, simply send a text message to 70070 including our code and a monetary amount, for example: PREC00 £5. You can donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10.
- With your debit/credit card, via this link: http://localgiving.com/charity/plymouthdevonrec
- By cheque (payable to Plymouth & Devon Racial Equality Council). Post to 3rd Floor, Prideaux Court, Palace Street, Plymouth, PL1 2AY
Increase the value of your gift by 28%
- For every £10 you give we can get an extra £2.82, making your donation go even further. The Gift Aid scheme allows us to reclaim tax on every qualifying donation, whatever the amount. If you pay UK income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax we will reclaim, please tick the box below.
If you have any queries about making a donation to PDREC, please telephone 01752 224555 (9am to 5pm), Monday to Thursday, or email email@example.com.